A few months back my friend wrote a post http://debsdespatches.com/2022/11/30/i-confess/. I thought this was a lot of fun and I decided to copy it!!
The things that Deb wrote about were sorry not sorry types of things- they sort of go against popular opinion or we don’t like admitting necessarily. So here are some of my true confessions:
- I watched the first ten minutes of Game of Thrones and never watched another moment of it. I watched one season of Breaking Bad and Succession and I liked neither. I do realize that these are considered some of the greatest TV shows ever. I just didn’t like them.
- I don’t like miso or matcha. These are the latest fad foods but they just don’t cut it for me.
- While talking about food- just say NO to sushi. To be fair, I don’t really like fish cooked or otherwise.
- coffee- what is the big deal about coffee or latte or espresso. Am I the only one who tastes the bitter?
- Cuddly sleepers- Cuddling is for before sleeping and waking up in the morning. Let me sleep.
- You will never here me utter the words- “Let’s go Dancing”- this is never an activity I will willingly go to if it’s not related to an event like a wedding or celebration.
- Tik tok or twitter- I don’t see how people can spend hours on them- and I get the algorithm thing, but I just think it’s boring
- I am a morning person. I can’t imagine sleeping much past 7 (though I have woken up at 7 and read in bed for awhile) and going to sleep routinely past 11pm doesn’t make sense to me
- I always wash my face before I go to bed at night, no matter how tired I am. I don’t think I could sleep if I didn’t wash up.
- I always clean out my fridge once a week and throw out anything that has done bad, or make sure I use items that are about to turn. I can’t imagine growing a science experiment in the cheese drawer.
This is a small sample of some of my opinions and habits that might not fit with the population at large.
What are some habits you have or opinions on popular things that might go against the flow?