Met Museum- Special exhibit- Lauren Halsey- This is just really fun and cool and thought provoking.
Met Museum- I am so in awe of this art that I only went to two galleries. There was way too much beauty in these rooms for me!! Clearly excited!
- Lasagna Sugo- I Sodi- this was a meat sauce/bechamel lasagna that is just delicious!! I never order lasagna out, so you know this had to look amazing for me to try it
- Torrejas Lola and Flan- Balvanera- the torrejas is like a fancy French toast and is SO GOOD
- Lemongrass Porkchop Vermicelli/The Andrew Dip (brisket banh mi) 5ive Spice- this is a casual Vietnamese eatery in my neighborhood- I love Vietnamese food so this is a big win for me- food awesome
City Pickle has installed pickleball courts in Central Park in what is Wolman Rink (ice skating) You can sort of get the idea of what it looks like. I’ll answer any questions you may pose!
A few weeks ago I talked about a scrambled egg recipe using cold butter- This is from Food Network- Geoffrey Zakarian
3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and frozen
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped chives, optional
- Beat the eggs with the egg yolk in a bowl until smooth and evenly yellow.
- Put the beaten eggs in a small saucepot with the butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring the entire time with a spatula. The eggs should begin to thicken; transferring them on and off the heat will allow you to control the temperature, creating soft creamy eggs. When the eggs start to become thick and soupy, season with salt and pepper. Return to the heat and cook until desired doneness is achieved; if you’d like them cooked more, simply apply more heat.
- Mix in the sour cream and garnish with chives if using.