I recently read Did I Say That Out Loud? Midlife Indignities and How to Survive Them by Kristin Van OgTrop. In it she states that a thoughtful man said we all needed to ask ourselves the following questions:
- Who am I?
- Where am I going?
- Why am I going there?
So I pose the questions to you. Can you answer them?
Think of this as a check in for New Year’s resolutions.
- Someone who needs to lose weight
- To start on a path of healthier eating and moderate exercise
- Because my cholesterol is high and I need to adjust my lifestyle
- Someone who hates their job
- To a job search link
- Because I deserve to find a job that doesn’t crush my soul
Now these might be a bit literal, but you get the idea: These questions allow you to quickly take stock of what’s important to you, and what isn’t, and what you can do to get to a place that you want to be.
So on this fine Monday halfway through the first month of the year, take stock. Ask yourself those three questions and look at your answers. What is one small step that can get you closer to where you want to be.
How would you answer those three questions?