My daughter is turning 21 this weekend. Yay!!! I am so very grateful for my amazing daughter and excited as she enters this next stage of her life! 21 feels like adulthood…
My prompt for this week was POLITE: Here’s how it was used in the books that I’m reading:
- Just a moment, and she would have seen her own bike and maybe even made some polite remark about their similarity to that nice man with the beautiful eyes. Geraldine Brooks
- Was he just here because he was too polite to say no? Carolyn Huynh
- Society has so many superficial conversations- polite and ritualized, but not anything deeper. Julia Cameron
- Ask yourself where you might be trying to be polite a little too often with your time. Pedram Shojai
- Having said that, a nice, comprehensive jeremiad does have its pluses, if only because it’s exhausting to always be controlled, well-balanced, and polite version of yourself.
- It’s an overtly fake and exaggerated sentiment, but Hornclaw nods politely and smiles before regaining her edge. Gu Byeong-Mo
- And while he took in the show politely, he was hardly persuaded by what he saw. Hugh Eakin
- Eva, this is Mona. Say Hello. It’s only polite. Natasha Solomons
Here’s what I’m thinking about:
- Does being polite matter?
- Polite does not appear in many of the books that I’m reading. Is it our of fashion as a word?
- How often do we do things only because it’s polite
- Without politeness, will society crumble
- When is it ok to not be polite?