When is your magic hour?
By magic hour, I mean the time of day when you are at your peak- when your brain is on fire and and spirit is soaring and you just seem to be able to get things done.
My Magic hour is around 7am, and lasts until about 10am. I can’t think after 5pm- just a useless ball of nothing only good for light fiction and lighter TV.
I normally wake up about 6:15. No alarm- this is just the time I wake up, no matter what I did the night before. My day starts off with some light stretching- ok- not really stretchhhhing…more like laying in bed and raising my hands behind me towards the wall and stretching my toes down to the edge of the bed and giving the biggest most open mouth yawn that I can muster.
I glance at my phone- yes- I do this first thing- just to make sure that I haven’t missed an urgent text or email. and I peak at the temperature.
I get up, put on a robe and slippers (I am a HUGE robe person- I have four different robes of differing weights and materials) and I sprint to the bathroom-
- Brush teeth
- five minute meditation, which is really me sitting on a pillow and listening to whatever I deem my song of the day/week
- Heat water for tea
- wipe down kitchen as water boils
- Make tea
- go through WP comments as tea steeps
- sit at desk and peel pages off my page a day calendars and look at new displays
- go through TO DO list and days activities
- read over already written posts not yet published (I have begun writing posts two days in advance- I find this to be a good way for me to blog)
- look at whatever topic I have scheduled for the day (except for Wednesday when I write Friday’s blog and I have absolutely no idea what i am going to write about- hence anything can happen)
- hope that I have an angle for my blog idea- or at least an opening sentence
- curse as I come up with a blog title
- actually write blog
- read some posts as I finish first cup of tea and some water
- make another cup of tea
- Read posts and answer comments as water boils and tea steeps
- work on whatever writing project I am currently in the middle of
- hit my 500-1000 word limit
- sometimes I exercise here, and a dog walk of varying lengths based on schedule of activities
- shower and such
- as my hair dries, use remaining mental ability to think about anything that actually requires a functioning brain, including previous days snail mail and emails
Then I get on with everything else.
When I belonged to a gym I used to work out in the morning. Now that I rely on home exercise bike and strength training ripped out of a magazine, I alternate my workout timing as to when in my day it best suits. It’s often about 4pm when a little spin on the bike does my head good…
So now that I have showed you my magic hour and how I spend it…what is your magic hour? How do you spend it?