I have no idea what to name this week!
- Still in Egypt as I slowly go through the Met! What I found interesting this week was the mystery of the letters- in ancient Egypt that found some letters that were sealed but apparently never reached their destination. Add on top of this, Agatha Christie wrote a mystery about these letters! So you know I got the book…
- Had an amazing egg sandwich at Society Cafe- what was even better than scrambled eggs in a popover was that I had book club live and in person!!
- Saw “Summer of Soul” documentary- very interesting look at Harlem Cultural Festival in 1969
- Outdoor concerts at the park! You may notice that I took the picture from behind the musicians- that’s because Betty is not allowed on the lawn, so we improvised
- On our walk this week we saw the Irish Famine Memorial. Outside the monument are quotes from people who emigrated here during the famine. The memorial contains a cottage that was donated for the exhibit- very moving.
- Had amazing Peruvian meal at Popular, a new place in the Lower East Side of Manhattan- fun place and good food!
- Fireworks as seen from the roof
- Flowers as seen from the garden