So as I spent much of the past week trying not to be dizzy…
Fun Fact: do you know how tea light candles got their name? Because they used to sit under tea pots to keep the contents of the pot warm. How cool is that? I’m going to have to buy myself the apparatus that contains the candle that you can put the pot on…
I saw this Instagram post yesterday. As I sit here and listen to how we are supposed to respect one another, I see yet another example of how people are still figuring out ways to separate us. I could look at this a number of ways:
- Why do we put things in columns unless we are going to compare things?
- Why must we label people extroverts and introverts?
- Why do people assume that introverts are bumbling idiots incapable of using a phone properly?
- Why do people assume that introverts are scared of their own shadow?
- A true introvert would probably use an app to order
- Do extroverts really think they are better than introverts?
According to New Oxford, the definition of introvert is:
shy, reticent person
but right below this definition, with a bullet point is the following:
psychology- a person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things
For all my introverted friends- which definition do you think is most right?
While true that some introverts are shy and reticent, I’m willing to bet that all introverts are the second definition…
Maybe PureWow should stop their rather pedestrian attempts at humor and start seeing people as the unique individuals that they are.
Stop looking for differences.
And slowly…I begin to get back to my particular band of normal…