You know all those desert island games that we played as kids? What albums? What movies?
Well, let’s get this straight- I’d need spotify, because there I would be tired of the same ten albums after maybe a day. Same with books and movies….
But in my stay at home to save lives sort of existence, these are the things that are getting me through the days:
- My sense of humor- if you can’t laugh, you’re done…
- my nook and Barnes and Noble app- reading is saving me, and being able to switch up genre is brilliant
- games, both ipad and board
- ability to text/facetime my friends
- salty snacks (seriously- if there was ever a doubt about sweet v salty, salty will win out every time)
- walk- I take two socially distanced walks a day. I take my dog to the park which is 3 long blocks away- we loop the park once and come home. Then I walk to market or target and pick up one or two things (one long block and 4 short ones- stores have markers on the floor to show where people to stand)
- My desk calendar where I flip the page to see the new day
- My belief that we will get through this if we work together, but we will fail if we keep arguing (you know- the virus divides and conquers)