My favorite thing about apps and the internet is when I get to see a year end compilation of what I did throughout the year. Sure, every single thing I do, see, and listen to is tracked, but who cares…Big brother I’m here…I guess my life really is THAT interesting…
Spotify wrapped me up. I was actually a little surprised by my music habits of the past year. Here’s my musical life in a nutshell:
I played 4,768 different songs on spotify! Can you imagine?!
Yo Yo Ma was my most listened to artist. I totally get that- love him- love his music! After Yo Yo my surprise number two was Taylor Swift (I really didn’t think I listened to her that much) Three was Maren Morris, Four was Goo Goo Dolls, and five was Elvis Presley.
Shockingly, as my music taste was all over the place, I listened to music from 56 different countries.
My number one genre was Pop, followed by rock, classical performances, folk-pop and Broadway.
And shockingly in some cases, my top five songs this year were:
- Somebody to Love- Justin Bieber (I can’t believe this actually)
- Old Town Road- Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus (ok- it was a long summer)
- Shallow- Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper (totally don’t understand why this isn’t number one actually)
- The Duffler- Fantastic Negrito (seriously- I don’t remember playing this song…)
- Your Song- Elton John (my favorite Elton song and after seeing Rocketman it was all about Elton)