Two years ago I signed up with WordPress!
What have I learned?
- If WordPress is going to make a change, it will be two steps forward, one step back. Case in point, the new editor, which I’ve heard Zero people that like it…
- I still like writing off the top of my head: I still may think about a post overnight, in my sleep like some sort of weird osmosis thing, but I write the post in one take on my computer in the morning. I don’t know if this is good or bad.
- When I started this blog I was focusing solely on aging. As I started to write, I realized that I just see things differently now that I am older. The chronological age doesn’t bother me: it was just strange to see how my mindset changes/changed.
- This calendar year I changed up my blog writing a little. Instead of just writing whatever came to my head, I began to think of topics, and then write all week about one central idea. I realized how important comments are to my process and gained much of my insight and thoughts based on what others say. Seeing other peoples perspective has broadened my mind. I like having the ability to reflect and write about that during a week.
- Sometimes when I’m thinking about a certain weekly topic, ideas start to come to me from all around. I might hear something on GMA, then I might read a blog with something that oddly correlates, then something might happen in real life that backs it up.
- I have met amazing people during my blog journey- that’s been the most fun part of blogging- the connections
- I still do not know what a widget is
- I am not looking forward to the new editor
- I am looking forward to what comes next
- This week is a little bit of a compilation- I am going to follow up on some things I’ve been working on/talked about, and there is most probably going to be a guest post from my daughter on Friday
Thanks to all of you who read, listen to and challenge me on a daily basis!!