You know that it’s college acceptance season- not only are colleges playing basketball, they are also sending out acceptance letters and I regret to inform you’s. Even though my kid was rejected a few times this week, she got into one of her favorite schools. She is thrilled and I am thrilled for her. Alas, her best friend didn’t get into her top choice. It is so hard to be happy for my kid, when I know this amazing young woman feels awful. And I get it’s all a part of life and growing up, but it’s as if my own child got rejected. I cried last night. And I know you say it’s just a school- but I want you to think about that for a few minutes as you peruse the news of the past few weeks.
- American Folk Art Museum- interesting old NY photos and crafts and history. Cool and free
- ETHAL, Students from Kaufman School of music and Todd Rundgren- interesting concert with new classical music
- Ridiculous 24 layer cake from Maison Pickle in NYC
- Awesome body conditioning class
- Catching up on Sunday Styles
- eating little bit of leftover cake from the night before
- Finally finished book club book from hell
- My daughter gets into college with a small scholarship
- Meeting with writing group!
- meeting with boot club and finding out no one really liked book from hell
- coffee with friends
- another college acceptance, bigger scholarship
- delicious lentil and rice dinner- I love when I make something healthy that ends up being tasty
- Another College- yay
- Went to see the new Hudson Yards complex with my friend K- very cool design, even though at the end of the day the second biggest thing open there is a mall
- My daughter and I had an incredibly healthy veggie dinner- then followed it up by splitting decadent cookie- churro flavored cookie filled with dulce de leche (Duchess Cookies)- rich and delicious and satisfying after one bite (so we had half a cookie left over for yesterday)
- Fun conversation with friend
- Discovered NY Public Library completely dedicated to performing arts- first off- the books and cd’s if we still had a cd player. Secondly- they had an amazing collection of things from Jerome Robbins. Just amazing things about West Side Story and On the Town and others. Spectacular.
- OK- you know we went out to dinner on Saturday. La Rossa in the Soho section. They have a method of dough making where they put ice in the dough, so that it allows the dough to have a somewhat creamy texture and allows grated parmesan to be on top without cooking the cheese, culminating in a Caccio y Pepe pizza (cheese and pepper) with is literally dough, mounds of parm and grated black pepper. Yum