It is March 18th, NYC had a 70 degree day last week, so I am calling winter a done deal. Onward and upwards into spring. So let’s see how my winter bucket list panned out:
- Hot Chocolate Month in February: My daughter and I made it to this event five times. It is as bittersweet as some of the cocoa though, because I know my kid will not be around in February for the foreseeable future. But it’s a bid check!
- My goal was to have drinks near a fireplace- technically, we had drinks and dinner at an old school place in the Village and sat next to the fireplace, so I’m giving this a resounding yes.
- I did not get to go to a spa with pools and saunas. Just didn’t work out. But there’s always spring!!
- See as many Oscar nominated movies as possible- I think I saw about 85% of the movies nominated- I think I didn’t see 10. Too lazy to actually calculate the number, but I’m calling it a win
- 2 Live performances- I believe I saw 5 so a big yes.
- I wanted to see 2 museum shows and I think I saw 4. Big win.
- I watched the new season of Grace and Frankie (good and bad parts)
- Archery Lessons! Yes! And I absolutely loved it. Looking forward to going back for practice
- Knitting lesson. So, I found a place that is supposed to be good, and it’s about a 20 minute walk from my house. They were revamping in January, so I didn’t take a lesson then. When they started up lessons in February I found that they only gave lessons at night and on Sunday mornings at the exact same time as my body conditioning class. Honestly, I just didn’t want to make the 20 minute walk home at night in the winter- too cold, and it’s an inconvenient spot for mass transit. At some point I will try but not now. BUT…I did take an embroidery lesson which I liked very much and have continued practicing. My goal is to buy a white tote for summer and embroider my initials on it.
- Paint something. Yes! I bought a few small canvases and a brushes and paint and so far I have “Painted” two things. These are very rudimentary, and more like crafting, but it is relaxing and enjoying.
So there you go! I’m very proud of what I did accomplish in the winter, because it did make the time go by pleasantly. Honestly, just making the list helps….