It’s hard to define love: many people say they know love when they see it. So here’s a short list of ways you can show your betrothed how much you care.
- Be jealous. Every time someone talks to them or shows interest act a little crazy. Nothing shows love like a crazy tirade against the mail carrier.
- Never say thank you. You love them. Shouldn’t they be thanking you?
- Never say you’re sorry. If it worked for Ali McGraw and Ryan O’Neil it works for you
- Assume they are going to take care of things- don’t they always?
- When they want to talk about a problem they’re having, immediately jump in with solutions- that’s why they’re talking about it isn’t it?
- Forget what they said two minutes after they say it
- Better yet- don’t listen to them at all- just make uh huh sounds- they’ll probably repeat all these things anyway
- Don’t help around the house- you admire their ability to get so many things done, and you know how they like things “their way”
- Forget about personal hygiene and taking care of yourself- you get to be yourself now that you have a partner
- Lie- it’s easier than the truth
- When you spend money, hide it from them. Having things will make everything better.
- Put your kids or other people in the middle of your disagreements. Unity is overrated.
- Take other people’s sides 100% of the time- just because you’re together doesn’t mean you have to back them up
- Put others first: fishing, sleeping, texting, fortnite. These are all things that make you who you are
- That habit you have that annoys them? keep doing it. Love means not changing who you are inside.
I could go on, but you get the idea. Love is everything. Love is enough. You don’t have to work at it at all…