A few weeks ago one of my blogger friends (I think it was Deb- but I’m not sure) wrote about movies that had an impact on her life. So it got me thinking: which movies actually mattered? Which movies do I remember clearly, so clearly in some cases I remember who I saw them with, when I saw them and where.
- Saturday Night Fever- first R rated movie I ever snuck into
- Porky’s- Introduced me to the raunchy teen comedy
- Citizen Kane- I saw this for a film class my senior year of high school. It was the first time I saw the beauty of film- how it’s magic when everything just works. This is the film that started my love of all things movie. It just misses my top 10 list…
- That Darn Cat- this was the first movie I saw that had a smart, sassy, and clever female protagonist. I was mesmerized that girls could be that way. I have such a soft spot for this movie that my Daughter’s name is somehow in this film
- Frankenstein- there is just so much about this movie that resonated with me- this also just misses being a fave and a best for me
- The Shining- the scariest movie I ever saw- I have not seen a Stephen King adaptation since this- I had nightmares…I’m probably going to have nightmares thinking about it…
- Grease- I remember seeing this film about 10 times in the theater…
- Star Wars- this changed movies for me- the innovation- I never appreciated the genre until I saw this
- The Breakfast Club- I saw this when I was in college and I cursed the fact that it didn’t come out when I was in High School. It so succinctly showed me that I was not alone in being the weird girl- that not everyone was popular- and that the popular kids had crap going on in their lives as well
- The Way we Were- well- this showed me that not everything ends happy….especially love
What movies have impacted you?