Today I present my go to movies….the movies I could watch again and again and again. (For the recorde “If Beale Street Could Talk will not ever be on this list. I saw that yesterday and it was so slow I think I’m still watching it…)
Some of these movies I’ve talked about before. Others are crossovers from yesterday. Some might be odd choices, but there you have it. These are movies I’ve seen so many times I know when something has been edited out…
- The Cutting Edge- Uptight lead female character. Yup- has me written all over it.
- The Sure Thing- Hyper organized main character who carries her Filofax around. It’s like looking in a mirror
- Arsenic and Old Lace- This is an old comedy starring Cary Grant. I think its hilarious in its just slightly absurd fashion. Love.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark- here’s my anecdote: when this movie first came out I had no interest in seeing it. One night I was out with friends and we were going to see Superman, but when we got to the theater Superman was sold out. There were tickets left to see Raiders though. So we saw it. I never looked back. Love this movie. Could see it a million times. Have seen it a million times.
- Bridget Jones’s Baby- I know this might seem like an odd choice until you consider how I would like to be in a love triangle with Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey
- It’s A Wonderful Life- It’s not Christmas without this one…
- Some Like it Hot- I could just watch the last scene over and over again
- Young Frankenstein- I laugh just thinking about this movie. I’m laughing now…
- Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein- this is the one with all the monsters
- Dial M for Murder- Hitchcock. Yeah. This one is clever and fun, even though it is about a murder and all
Ok- what are your faves? What are your desert island movies?