I woke up this morning and my shoulder is feeling better. Unfortunately, that’s how yesterday started. Wake up. Feel better. Start doing things. Intense pain.
So yesterday I got a look into exactly how important a right shoulder is. First off, I am really right hand dominant- I do everything with my right hand. You don’t realize this until you wince in pain every time you try to do something because the right hand automatically goes out. Also, the whole short thing comes into play: do you know how often I reach for things? I also live in a small apartment where we make use of vertical space. Did I mention that most of my shoes and all of my pocketbooks are stored in bins on high shelves?
Here’s a sample list of things that I was not able or had trouble doing yesterday.
- Getting anything from any upper cabinet
- Walking 9 pound dog who pulls at the leash
- Turning on light attached to ceiling fan because Husband shut light off using pull cord instead of wall switch (and you know I’ve never mentioned that turning light off like this is a problem because on a good day I need to stand on coffee table to do it)
- Hanging up clothes
- Putting shirts on over head
- Putting my arms into jackets
- making pizza dough (I had scheduled to make pizza for Monday night dinner- and you know that once I schedule a meal I must do it- and I realized grating cheese might be an issue as well so bought pre made crust and pre shredded mozzarella= and yes- I still made dinner)
- Making bed
- pulling zipperless boots on
- Tying shoes
- Finish book for book club…
the list goes on….and on……
But for now, I’m going to try and rest my shoulder, and finish Cold Comfort Farm….