Drove across Illinois to reach Chicago! Chicago is one of my favorite cities, and I am always happy to get back here!!!On a different note, watching scenery pass by is the perfect backdrop for thinking (not that I need much to make me think…)
- I Continue to have trouble getting tea the way I like it. I think you all know my evening ritual is to have a cup of tea and relax before bed. I went to a 7/11 to get my tea (I like black tea with milk and sugar) and was told they don’t have milk for the hot beverages, just half and half. I know I have gotten hot tea with milk in 7/11’s before. Does my wanting milk with my tea seem like an odd request?
- Thinking of Atlanta- I really liked how Centennial Park was surrounded by CNN, Coke, Aquarium and Civil Rights museum. Even though I didn’t get to go to all, it was nice to know they were easy to access in a convenient location.
- The best thing I heard an admissions counselor say was at UVA. “People ask if it’s better to get a B in an AP class, or an A in a regular class. The answer is – get an A in an AP class.”
- Driving through Illinois made me think of Superman- as we drove past cornfields I kept expecting him to appear out of no where…(I think I’m going to call this the Roswell effect)
- The Cracker Barrel billboard in Illinois was ” Breakfast Y’all Day”
- We passed a sign for the worlds largest covered wagon. I think I’m going to regret not turning off the highway to see it…