The theme of the day was rain. Woke up to rain- had horrible sheets of rain as we were driving south- could barely see! But we made it to out next stop!! Some random thoughts:
- Everything here is air conditioned, which is great, because it’s the south in the summer, but I have been SO cold every time we enter a building!
- My daughter was leading the way as we tried to make our way to the building where the information session was being held. She was walking the wrong way, and it was the obvious wrong way, but it took her an extra step to realize her error. Is this too much book knowledge and not enough practical knowledge? Or is this a maturity thing? You know I’m going to think about this, explain it better, and write more about it. Also, about 20 people followed my daughter going the wrong way…sheep?
- The parking lot were visitors were told to park was right next to the book store. I felt like I was at Disney, with the gift shop at the end of the ride…
- Our alarm clock in the hotel went off at midnight. First off- Really? And secondly- does a hotel need to have a digital clock?
- In a truly bizarre coincidence, as we were watching the University of Virginia introductory video, they showed a clip of a former student in NYC. The scene was shot a block away from our apartment. What is the chance that we go to a college hundreds of miles away and see a video clip from our neighborhood? If I believed in signs, would this be a sign?
- We have heard a ton of Rod Stewart on this trip…I have no idea what this could be a sign of
- I went into a restaurant and asked if they had hot tea. The waiter asked if I wanted him to microwave the sweet tea. The worst part is, this is not the first time this has happened to me…
- car being parked right next to the motel room so we didn’t get too wet going to car
- that we safely arrived at our destination despite hellish driving conditions