So here it is- halfway through July… here’s a recap of my week:
What I watched:
- “Won’t You be My Neighbor”- documentary- theaters- Mr. Rogers…
- “When Harry Met Sally” Tribeca Drive In- at Westfield. The Oculus Plaza in the shadow of the World Trade Center sometimes does movie nights. It’s a cool way to see a movie in the city. This is one of my favorite romantic comedies! But remind me not to invite my daughter to any movie that I love…
Wimbledon- the men’s quarters and semis- Are you serious? Some of best matches ever!
What was on my playlist:
- Chloe x Halle
- Jason Aldean
- Belle and Sebastian
What I went to:
- New York Historical Society- “Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weotzman Collection of Historic Shoes (seriously- an exhibit of shoes! Cynthia: Shoes!!!)
Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms
- Manhattan Henge- (a day when the sunset is exactly aligned with the grid of streets in Manhattan- I didn’t need to go far as I can get a decent view a block from my apartment)
- I had dinner with friends in Brooklyn: I know people liked skyline shots, so here are some I took with phone of the view we had from the restaurant: (I have a feeling there will be a post about this particular evening)
Dole Whip Float (New York Style) at Chikarashi- (it was hot out and it was delicious)
What I read:
“The Intermission” Elyssa Friedland
Random Question: What is the best part of my day?
The best part of my day is at night. I wash up, make a cup of tea, and I go over my day and write in my personal journal. This is the moment I think of my very best moment of the day- and this moment is just for me. It’s the thing I think about as I go to sleep.
Quotes have become popular in out household (which I will explain in further posts) and I read this the other day, so I thought I would add it:
“When a match has equal partners then I fear not.” Aeschylus
Enjoy the week!!