No matter what the calendar, or social convention dictates, I consider Summer to be between July 4 and Labor Day. So as it’s July 6, I decided to reveal my summer bucket list
- One Broadway show
- Two picnics
- Three botanic garden visits
- Four states I’ve never been to
- Five outdoor concert
- Six outings with friends that include cold beverages and rooftops
- Seven times I’m applying some sort of bug repellent (no- that’s not a bucket list item, just a fact)
- Eight movies in an air conditioned theater
- Nine reasons why I thought that using the numbers as the amount of time I would do something would be a great idea
- Ten new books to be read
- Eleven times I will complain about the heat
- Twelve times I will complain about air conditioning
- Thirteen times I will say “Yes- we’re having salad for dinner”
- Fourteen times a day I will think about my friends who are far and wide and hope they too are enjoying their summer
- Fifteen times I will talk about how great a summer it is
Summer is a time of hope and renewal (I know- spring is rebirth, but I’m too busy every spring to really think about it) My goal is to just enjoy the beauty of what’s in front of me, not take anything for granted. My goal is to try new things, meet new people and learn about their hopes and dreams and realities. I would love to see my old friends in person, because it’s so much more fun to look someone in the eye every now and then. Written communication is fine, but….IRL better.
So enjoy what summer (Northern Hemisphere anyway) puts in front of you!
Tennis! Play- watch- attend live. Add that to the list. How did I forget that?!?!
What’s on your list?