Can you believe it?
I’ve been blogging for a year!
Here’s some random thoughts about my experience, in no particular order:
- I still hate writing titles. How can you accurately title a blog about daily life?
- I began blogging because I was having a severe case of writer’s block. I had an idea for a novel, yet I couldn’t get the words on the page. One year later I an halfway through the second draft. Yay.
- I am still amazed at the amount of wonderful people I have met through blogging. That’s the greatest benefit to the internet- the ability to bond with like minded people all over the world.
- I don’t care about grammar. I know there are people who will not read my blog because I apply my own rules to how sentences should be punctuated and worded, and all I can say is, life to too short to read things that are displeasing to one’s ear, so please feel free to not read me, but please don’t comment on my lack of grammar etiquette. I’m sure this sentence is completely wrong, but that’s how I roll. This is my biggest act of rebellion…I write as I speak….Of course, the people who this applies to are not reading this, so……
- I can’t believe that I come up with enough ideas to write a personal experience blog 5 days a week (in health- not so much in sickness)
- I still don’t know what a widget is.
- I still don’t care about knowing what a widget it.
- Lists. Lists. More lists.
- My new focus is on how the little things in life really reflect who we are. Expect more posts where I will pose the question “What does this say about me?”
- I love the amount of positive energy that I see on blogs. People really are cheerleaders for one another. But there are still trolls- so please don’t be a troll. If your hobby is being mean to others on the internet, please find another hobby. I can send you a list of alternate things to do.
And of course, I need to say THANK YOU to all my friends!! Thank you for all the love and support over the past year!!