Ok- I don’t know how it happened, but here you are- my 200th post!!
I almost feel bad writing today, and claiming this as 200, because I had 3 days of non-posts where either me or my computer had a virus….but the wordpress Gods said that yesterday was officially 199, so here are some random thoughts on my blogsperience.
- I hate creating a title. Seriously. I think it takes me longer to write the headline than it takes to write the blog. I’m not that clever, and I can rarely sum up what I’m writing about. Perhaps because I am sometimes lost in thought. Like, I can’t even remember how this paragraph started.
- I am horrible at grammar and spelling. I had this conversation with Jay the other day- I don’t notice these types of errors/ mistakes unless they are glaring. I’m more focused on content. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing. Probably bad, because I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I will need to hire a copy editor before I send out my novel
- I can’t believe I find things to write about 1 day a week, much less 5. My life is boring. Yet, I manage to pump out 500-1000 words. Go figure.
- I can’t write/blog when my family is home. They are distracting. Well, my Husband is. I will be at a critical spot, where I have come to some sort of blog epiphany, and then he’ll start talking. About nonsensical things. Which is cute- but not when I’m trying to solve the problems of the world. So, my not solving the problems of the world falls squarely on his shoulders.
- I have a lot of opinions. No really. I do.
- I look forward to blogging every day. I hated when I was sick and my mind was cold addled. Blogging has become cathartic.
- I have made so many wonderful friends blogging. I look forward to reading and commenting with so many of you!! I get excited when I see that you’ve posted, and I look forward to reading of your adventures, and misadventures. I cry with you all, and laugh with you all. I am humbled by your strength and perseverance. I am awed by your wit. I am emboldened by your honesty. Thank you!! You all give me hope!
- I love comments!! I love when people feel moved enough to tell me what they think! And I love when people don’t agree with me, because I value the other side of any argument
- I don’t really talk about “likes” or “follows”. That’s not the reason I blog. I blog because I love it. Plain and simple. But I would be remiss if I did not mention that I have exceeded 1000 followers. I know? Right? How the hell did that happen? So to all of you who have decided to learn about me and laugh at me (or with me) THANK YOU!! Seriously- I am humbled to feel that maybe I’ve made any sort of impact in someone’s life. It is an honor to know all of you!
And there you have it!
Onward and upward!