As many of you know, I needed to put my contacts in storage a few weeks ago due to a sinus infection. I was not really happy about this- I’m a contact girl since 1980, but you do what you have to. After a few weeks on the other side, here are some random observations:
- I can see distance more clearly now. After progressive lenses I got used to not seeing things in crisp detail- it’s a whole new world
- I can lift my glasses and read. Amazing.
- I can not wear my glasses to exercise, they slide down my nose. This is OK when I’m on the elliptical or spin class, not so great if I am doing a weights class and I need to see what the instructor is doing
- Glasses get filthy. I must clean my lenses about a thousand times a day
- I am having trouble adjusting to glasses when I am using the viewfinder on my camera- I feel too far away
- When I’m home I take my glasses off sometimes- I can see well enough that I can get around my house. The problem is, when I actually need them, I often don’t know where I left them and I can’t see around the rooms well enough to distinguish where they are. From a distance it could be pencils or glasses. I need to come up with a designated glasses spot
- When I went to look at new glasses, I found it hard to see if I look good in them, because I couldn’t really distinguish if the glasses looked “right”. I enlisted the help of every person in the store. They were very helpful.
- I need to buy a makeup mirror that can be positioned right in front of me. It’s is impossible to put on eye liner when the mirror is a foot away and you can’t see.
- I can’t wear my glasses when cooking, they tend to fog up.
- Glasses hide my under eye bags. HUGE PLUS
- I look very scholarly when I take my glasses off in order to make a point. Makes me feel smart
- I am still going to go to contacts when I play tennis. bad enough my daughter beats me when I can see-
On other housekeeping notes- wrote 2000 words yesterday. Signed up as wakinguponthewrongsideof 50 if you want to keep me honest. Ellipses/dask support group will probably meet on Tuesdays.