Ok- here’s the post 2 months in the making….the one you’ve all been waiting for……My Sunday Evening Routine. I know- I know- very exciting. I’ve wanted to write this post for awhile, but something has always gotten in the way, but here, for your Friday enjoyment…..a little peek into the crazy that I call my mind.
On Sunday nights, (now with the aid of my new planner) I plan out my schedule for the week ahead.
- I look at what I have going on and schedule in prep and travel time if required.
- I get everyone else’s schedule for the week and schedule in if I need to assist Husband or Daughter, and I confirm things that I am supposed to do with them
- I go over my to do list, schedule when things will be done, and go over my goals and see if anything can be tweaked. This road map time is important to me because it allows me to think about what is and isn’t working, and where I can adjust my routine. I will write notes months in advance, for example- my January Calendar already has a note- “start planning summer vacation”
- I go through “action” folder on my desk. My action folder holds all papers, mail and school related things that I received that week that did not require immediate action. It also holds things I ripped out of newspaper or magazine, or brochures I picked up alone the way. I really look at these things and act on them- ie- if I pulled a recipe I put it in my recipe folder, if I got a flyer for a concert I buy tickets, I schedule to buy canned goods if there is a donation drive at school. I also file things such as medical reimbursement or anything we still get on paper (which is surprisingly high even though we’ve mostly gone paperless)
- I send out text/email to everyone I am supposed to meet with that week to confirm (I also reconfirm the morning of meeting, but that’s just me)
- I plan meals and grocery list for entire week (I like knowing who will be home for dinner, what time we will eat, and how much prep will be involved. I also have certain themes- Monday – Vegetarian, Tuesday -Chicken, Wednesday- Fish, Thursday- Beef, Friday- Pork. The weekends we often eat out, and I will also utilize leftovers/freezer things.)
- I plan time with my family and friends. Yes- I schedule this because it is important to me. My goal is to have 2 dates with the Husband (1 us alone, 1 with others), 1 daughter outing, 1 family outing and 1 friend outing and something just for me. This doesn’t always pan out-(this week I am not able to have an outing with daughter- our schedules conflicted) but I try.
- I plan exercise time. The goal is 5 hours a week. Exercise is important to me.
- I figure out what needs to be bought, and if it can be done online or locally. I make one run to a drug store type store every week. If my family needs be to get anything, they must tell me by Monday morning because that is only day I will go. They don’t tell me, they’re on their own.
- I also have a little relax time for me on Sundays. I like a bath, and I do a face mask and a hair mask and I read a magazine. This recharges me and makes me the happy go lucky person you read on a daily basis……what- you think I should step up my game on the relaxation cause it’s not really working?!?
Some people will think this is stressful, but seriously- it works for me. Taking an hour on Sunday nights really sets me up for the week ahead.
And on that note- have a great Friday!