and all through the house, not a creature was stirring because I sent the husband and daughter to my parents in New Jersey…..
I know that’s not how the song goes- but it’s the tune I wanted to sing. Planning for vacation is a little bit of a travail.
Here’s my pre-vacation to do list:
- Scrub litter box
- make sure there are adequate amounts of pet food
- bring suitcases up from storage locker
- clean out fridge
- gather beach essentials
- print out all confirmations/tickets- I realize I have all this info on my phone, but I like to have my ducks in a labeled manila folder
- straighten and clean house so I do not get a lecture from my Mom (who is pet sitting) about the wobbly state of my apartment
- go over my packing list and check it twice
- pack my things
- write and schedule blog posts (which probably won’t work because I am just a tad nutty about my writing, and even if I manage to write in advance, I will rethink every single word I wrote and on the morning something is scheduled to publish I will probably be frantically retooling)
Now I know what you’re thinking: shouldn’t my family be around to help?
My family is not a help. I love them- but at that stage they are a hindrance. Early Sunday evening is enough time for them to get their things ready. I’m assuming they completed their assignment of creating a packing list. I’m also assuming my husband will forget underwear, so I will make sure I pack that for him.
I’m going to spend two weeks with them.
In one hotel room.
Mama needs two days to herself.
And remember that list? All of that was fit in between 2 and 4pm Sunday. The following is what I did the rest of the weekend.
- gym- spinning and body conditioning.
- trading bon mots with amazing members of blogging community, including indulging in Jude Law fantasy (thanks Jay)
- Watching Christmas movies on Hallmark Mystery Channel- KIDDING!! but was upset when I switched to that channel and did not see a Monk or Columbo marathon
- binge watched British Baking Show, which is new in America but actually aired last year in Britain, so please no spoilers
- finished book I was reading, much to the delight of Goodreads
- laid on couch, dog at my feet, cat on my head, and just stared at the ceiling
By sending family to my parents- I get credit for my parents getting to spend time with granddaughter, and I didn’t have to endure a conversation with my Mother as to why I wear a sportsbra when I play tennis, and why I don’t care that sportsbra doesn’t give me a good shape and flattens the girls(fyi- nothing can flatten my girls), and how it’s not a good idea to wear a regular bra when playing sports, and no, I don’t care about how I look in a sportsbra.
So on that note….
Happy July to all, and to all a good week
*****this blog has been pre-recorded******